[nycbug-talk] new to FreeBSD wireless

Isaac Levy ike
Tue Aug 23 14:56:02 EDT 2005

Hi Brad,

On Aug 19, 2005, at 6:14 PM, Brad Schonhorst wrote:

> The front page of news.com.com has an article about FreeBSD 6 and its
> support for many wireless devices:
> http://news.com.com/
>
> I have been using an iBook since OS X came about but recently
> decided it
> was time to give BSD a try.  I picked up a new TINY Fujitsu P7010
> and now
> have it running FreeBSD 6.  ( For anyone interested, I documented the
> setup of my first BSD laptop here: http://plumblossom.org/p7010d.htm )

Woohoo!  Great screen-shot :)

> Wireless support
<snip>

I think, based on the lack of responses here, that this may be
something nobody else happens to be dealing with- but I for one am
curious about...

In a recent interview with Scott Long some places online, ( http://
bsdnews.com/view_story.php3?story_id=5137 ) he was talking about the
Wireless Support being solidified in the 6.0 branch of FreeBSD, which
in a nutshell I'd think means it's all kindof beta for now... (it
ain't stable till it's STABLE)

I'd subscribe to the appropriate FreeBSD mailing list and ask there,
you may simply have a relevant bug on your hands.  (I'm just not
certain which list to subscribe to):

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL
-or-