[nycbug-talk] httpsd

Pete Wright pete
Mon Feb 7 13:14:11 EST 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 06:43:12PM -0500, csnyder wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 14:56:31 -0500, Pete Wright <pete at finn.nomadlogic.org> wrote:
>
> It's a longshot but worth a try -- could this be an entropy-gathering problem?
> Is Squirrelmail or PHP looking to /dev/random for some reason?

i changed it to /dev/urandom in the httpsd config file, no noticable improvement.
i then read through the php.ini file, and increased this value:
output_buffering = 8192 (defaulted to 4096)

notied some improvements in loading pages....but it was still slow.  then did
what i should have done fromt he get go, ran top while loading pages and noticed
that impad was maxing out while my INBOX was being loaded.  i think this may have
to due with my *very* cluttered INBOX.  i'll post more info when i have it....

-p

--
~~oO00Oo~~
Peter Wright