[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD/PF books

Brad Schonhorst bschonhorst
Tue Jul 19 18:23:02 EDT 2005

> Just thought I'd drop a note...  I've been delving into pf (specifically
> the queueing) and decided that since I haven't bought any tech books in
> some time I'd see what's out there.  I bought three books, two arrived
> today and from my casual skimming, these both look excellent:
>
> Building Firewalls with OpenBSD and PF, 2nd Edition
> Jacek Artymiak

Very good book!  I think it only covers up through OpenBSD 3.4 or 3.5 so
it won't have all the latest features, like the ruleset optimizer.  He may
have added info on his website though.

> Secure Architectures with OpenBSD
> Brandon Palmer
On the list to read...

> Still waiting on my bargain-basement $10 copy of Lucas' "Absolute
> OpenBSD".
Really enjoyed this one.  Easy to follow, would be a great introductory
book for someone new to OpenBSD.

Enjoy the reading!

-brad