FW: [nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

Michael Shalayeff mickey
Mon Jun 20 15:57:44 EDT 2005

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Gordon Smith:
> > people come to new jobs they see all the horrible code and they
> > can only tolerate that for say a year then they leave and that
> > keeps a lot of jobs open all the time and creates the impression
> > of market dominance...
>
> True. In times of high turnover, quality suffers.
>
> There's also the other side of the coin - what about the people who are
> responsible for the lack of quality?  A lot of mediocre people tried to jump
> onto the "gravy train" when technologists were being paid more.  They need
> to be weeded out, and that's a big part of what has been happening in the
> technology workforce since Y2K.  The sad truth is that good and talented
> people have suffered as well as the charlatans.

so the industry needs it simply begs for cleansing.
let's start by burning some java books!

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)