[nycbug-talk] Getting started in Consulting

Matt Juszczak matt
Thu Jun 30 19:15:25 EDT 2005

> Perhaps it's time to start nycbug-freelancers :-)

I didn't want to post this to the full list because it contains an idea,
not really a reply.... but I did, so please don't read anymore if what I'm
doing violates the rules of this list....

Anyway...

I have bsdjobs.net .... the layout is there but the programming isn't
(yet).  I'm trying to get it done by the end of the Summer.  The site will
be 110% free, and I currently have a mailing list of about 5 people who,
at the time of me creating it, were very interested.

The name is good, and I have three categories setup: part time, full time,
and contractor.  You can check out the site to see what it will do.

This might be a good way to get some more business into the BSD Community.
I haven't done much of an open source anything, but I'd be willing to turn
the domain over to NYCBUG and make it a NYCBUG-based project, or whatever
I'd have to do to get the site rolling and jobs posted .... maybe a resume
setup, etc. could help too....

Opinions?

-Matt