[nycbug-talk] BSD torrents?

Pete Wright pete
Fri Mar 11 00:47:14 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 12:46:28AM -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> I have been looking for BSD related torrents to help by keeping my torrent
> up. Any suggestions on torrents that could use more clients?
>
> Currently keeping a torrent for FreeSBIE and some of the 5.3 ISO images.
> So far the FreeSBIE has been the most popular.
>
> I figure my DSL connection is unused for so many hours a day.. may as well
> put it to good use. :-)

here's a quick and dirty torrent guide for freebsd on our own site ;)

http://nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library&SUBM=86

basicly illustrates using the --max_upload_rate flag so you don't crush
your pipe.  maybe we can expand on this article to have some links to
where to get torrent files, that might be a helpfull resource...

-p

--
~~oO00Oo~~
Peter Wright