[nycbug-talk] preferred home office 'net connection

pete wright pete
Fri Mar 11 17:41:29 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 17:35 -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, pete wright wrote:
>
> > I guess the main issue I have is that I will have to get a landline
> > phone connection if I want DSL which might make it too expensive for me
> > to switch.
>
> Not at all!  Covad now has "naked dsl" which is dedicated pair ADSL that
> does not require an existing POTS line.  The pair is used exclusively for
> DSL (much like SDSL).

thanks again charles,
	I think the ISP i've been checking out requires me to have a POTS line
for service, well i know they do because I just asked.  I'm checking out
Covad now...it's a shame that I may not be able to go through a local
outfit.  altho the prices from covad are not too bad....the plot
thikens ;)

-p

--
~~oO00Oo~~