[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Adaptec AAC raid support

Marco Scoffier marco
Mon Mar 21 15:57:28 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 03:31:10PM -0500, bruno wrote:
>If you do need performance software raid is sometimes not enough.

I was wondering if anyone had numbers on this.  Are we talking +5% cpu
utilisation and -5% throughput or +20% and -20% or more ??  Searched a bit for
numbers but came up dry.

Wouldn't you want to know this before hawking some hardware vendor's buggy
proprietary closed-source ware on your sleek efficient less buggy everyday open
source system ?? :)

--
Marco