[nycbug-talk] [OT] Office Space

George R. george
Tue Mar 29 19:13:10 EST 2005

On Mar 29, 2005, at 7:09 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> This is a bit OT, but I'm thinking there's a decent audience of people
> here who might have some good input on this...
>
> The building that one of my clients is in right now has been sold and
> will be going residential.  This is a pain, as it involves moving
> servers and whatnot, but on the bright side, the current building is a
> bandwidth ghetto.
>
> Any suggestions for space in Manhattan that's somewhat reasonable and
> is in a building that's fairly well-wired and on-net with most
> carriers? Bonus points if there's UPS/Generator power and other
> amenities that would make pulling in a dozen or so cabinets less of an
> endeavour (ie: "no, we can't give you enough power" or "no, we don't
> have enough A/C capacity for you", or "yeah, we can pull that fiber to
> the next floor but it will cost you $1000/month")...
>
> They would entertain anything that's somewhat near $25/square foot
> depending on how friendly it is to tech business.

This list is a good starting point, but from the real estate people
I've dealt with before around Manhattan, I've been surprised how much
they are in the loop regarding technology.

You might also want to contact your preferred carriers about them
having fiber straight into buildings. . . they may have a list or
something. . .  It's always nice dodging the brutal copper last mile
with fiber. . .

George