[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD 3.7 /may19/ Atheros a/b/g support

pete wright nomadlogic
Wed Mar 30 17:20:39 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:42:13 -0800 (PST), G T <unixenigma at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey
> I dont know about you guys but I found it to be one of
> the coolest/important feature they will have in 3.7
> Support of Atheros IEEE 802.11a/b/g and other wireless
> stuff through ath, iwi, ipw is finally here.
> And of course many new versions/programs will be
> ported.
> I hate it when whatever you need never get updated in
> the tree in OBSD, so I am looking forward to have fun
> with the new stable release.
can't wait either, I hope every one has their subscriptions ;)

> Which ports tree is updated more often from all BSD
> flavors? So you dont have to wait until next stable
> release.

If I understand you question correctly, the FreeBSD ports tree is
release independent (more or less) so it get's updated pretty much
continuously.

-pete