[nycbug-talk] postgres success/failed install

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Tue May 31 21:55:05 EDT 2005

On 5/31/05, Matthew Terenzio <matt at jobsforge.com> wrote:

> Any Postgres experts know what conditions might have the port
> (postgresql-server-8.0.1_3) look like like it installs successfully but
> /usr/local/pgsql/data is not created and so there is no postgresql.conf
> to find.
>
> also running  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh initdb looks like it
> just shoots blanks.
>
> I'd supply more info if I knew what to offer you on this one.

0: what bsd are you running, include version #, uname -rs or even
better uname -a
1: the script command is your friend, man script
2: how did you build the port, make then make install or portinstall
3: update your ports tree, almost never hurts
4: are you running the native ports tree or using pkgsrc as an addon?

my somewhat old ports tree on fbsd 5.4 has 8.0.3 for the postgres package.

post the output of the script command after you have updated the ports
tree, if you are still having problems.

happy hacking,

marc