[nycbug-talk] postgres success/failed install

Charles Sprickman spork
Tue May 31 21:58:40 EDT 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Matthew Terenzio wrote:

> Any Postgres experts know what conditions might have the port
> (postgresql-server-8.0.1_3) look like like it installs successfully but
> /usr/local/pgsql/data is not created and so there is no postgresql.conf to
> find.

I don't think that happens until you run initdb, not sure.

> also running  /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh initdb looks like it just
> shoots blanks.

Do you have the startup flag in /etc/rc.conf?

ie:

postgresql_enable="YES"
# optional
#  postgresql_data="/usr/local/pgsql/data"
#  postgresql_flags="-w -s -m fast"

Thanks,

Charles