[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD or DragonFly

George R. george
Mon Nov 7 14:28:02 EST 2005

Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Dan Casey wrote:
>
>> What are some reasons that one might use DragonFly instead of Free?  Im
>> doing virtual hosting, so creating virtual environments/jails is going
>> to be a big consideration.  Or I may even go w/ openbsd... who knows...
>

> I hear that quite a number of people make good results with NetBSD+Xen
> for such things (even if people on this list will shout at me again for
> mentioning this :).

"should at you" about using netbsd+xen?  No no no...

Lots of people use virtual domains, and many of us are using jails. . .

I'm personally happy with the setup for now, but I think the truth is
that Xen has the potential to really make us all rethink not just our
technology tools, but more . . .

Particularly in the arena of clusters/distributed virtualization, Xen
really needs to be looked at.. .

And that's why Johnny Lam is doing that meeting for us in Feb :-)

I know he's on this list.. .