[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD and blobs

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 10:17:33 EST 2006

On 12/14/06, Jeff Quast <af.dingo at gmail.com> wrote:
> The windows driver wraps, binary blobs, and drivers under NDA out
> there and the users who accept them are an absolute shame to the cause
> of the open source community. The attitude of "I just want it to work"
> is short sighted, selfish, and harmful.

I just want it to work is a perfectly reasonable attitude for an end
user to have.  I as an end user need wireless on my laptop this is how
I do it.  Now this is how I do it is the interesting bit, do I use a
blob or just install windows or linux?  All three work and I need
wireless, I do not need xBSD nearly as much.  If some one wants to
provide a different alternitive, open source driver for example, fine
but t it is not on the table yet is it?

marc

--
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus