[nycbug-talk] no more jails

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Sat Jul 15 16:40:29 EDT 2006

Hi Jan,

On Jul 15, 2006, at 4:15 PM, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
>
>> (at least until some committers for OpenBSD and NetBSD get exited
>> enough about the idea to write the code which implements jail(8) for
>> those respective systems :)
>
> It doesn't need a commiter to _write_ the code, just to _commit_
> it.  So
> nothing prevents you (or anybody else) from writing the code and
> submitting the patches. :-)
>
> -Jan

Well, quite seriously, I'd love to- and have considered/tried to hack
this, excepting:
I'm not even close to a compitent C coder at this point in my life-
(another personal project taking my time, in Python) so I'm not
directly the appropriate candidate for the job.

However, I'd gladly help implement jail(8) for either OpenBSD or
NetBSD on a design/research/organizing level, if someone who *is*
competent can write the C code.

Rocket-
.ike