[nycbug-talk] Conference Topics Thread

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Jun 21 11:37:10 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:55:46AM -0401, michael wrote:
> Hello NYCBUG list subscribers,
>
> We are well into planning season for this year's New York City BSD
> Conference. One of the goals this year is to provide the content and
> speakers that you want to see most.  To that end, we are asking
> everyone to participate in the planning of the conference by making
> suggestions.  Here is your chance to voice your opinion.
>
> This year's central theme for topics is "BSD in Production".
>
> Some presentation topics may be:
> 1. afs in production
> 2. serial console mgmt
> 3. large data mgmt (large raid, nas, san, etc)
> 4. hands on kerberos for single sign-on
> 5. server/network usage and app monitoring
> 7. server/network security, best practices
> 8. zone mgmt in large installations
> 9. os patching mgmt in large installations
>
> This is just a 'starter' list.  Vote for the ones you like.  Add to the
> list yourself.
>
> On the flip side of this coin is, what speakers would most like to
> see?  These do not have to, necessarily, be tied to one of the topics
> listed.
>
> Let us know!

based on some recent hell i've been through at work could we do a
lecture titled:
DBA's and the SysAdmins who Hate Them

One a more serious note, have there been any offers for people to talk
about RDBMS's?  The postgresql talk was pretty good last year, I'd like
to see more of that if possible...

-p

--
~~oO00Oo~~