[nycbug-talk] greylisting proxies?

Max Gribov max at neuropunks.org
Mon Oct 2 02:34:27 EDT 2006

Charles Sprickman wrote:

>I wonder how hard it would be to stick Postfix in front of Qmail?
>
>http://www.greylisting.org/implementations/postfix.shtml

Very easy actually (minus the setting up of the whole new email server
part...)
You would have to switch the primary mx for the domain naturally, or
move front postfix to the ip of the current primary mx.

Put this into your main.cf
transport_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport

Then, you would have to simply edit:
/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport

and put something like this in there:

domain.com           :[ip.of.the.qmail]

Run postmap /usr/local/etc/postfix/transport, and you're done.

I do this for a couple of exchange machines, with postfix doing
antispam/antivirus, and provided the server you are forwarding filtered
mail to will accept emails from it, it will work fine.

I suppose you can also do all of this on the same host, and set the next
hop ip of 127.0.0.1:1025 or wherever qmail is..