[nycbug-talk] got stuff?

Jeff Quast af.dingo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:00:44 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com> wrote:
> since we are a community of users i'd like to offer a few items that i'm
> looking to sell.
>        1 x sharp zaurus sl-c3200 - $400
>                - still expensive here in the states (~$600-800 new)
>                - original packaging
>                - in perfect condition
>                - openbsd -current installed; (but if you want me to
>                slap the default linux install on, i'll do it
>                (begrudgingly of course), however since the work as
>                already been done to load openbsd, netbsd install would
>                be trivial.

I already have a zaurus, but I'd have jumped on this offer. I paid
$420 at www.conics.net plus ridiculous shipping charges for a used
SL-3000... $515 after everything, and it is noticably used (scratches,
etc.).

Wim sells brand new zaurus of this model http://zaurus.kd85.com/ for
749 euroes, yahoo converts that to $975 USD...

If any of you are looking for portable bsd, this is it. OpenBSD
supports the zaurus wonderfuly. The ports/ system works great, and
they provide binary packages.