[nycbug-talk] IPv6 for ISP Sales People?

Compustretch NewYork compustretch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 21:17:54 EDT 2007

  Miles Nordin wrote:

>      m> 	If a person insists on running an extensive network
>      m> and provide services out of their home over a residential
>      m> connection, then disregard any comment I have made.  They
>
> apologists.  Fortunately, I don't.  Just be sure to secure your
> wireless AP, because if one of the drive-by vans detects it your
> connection could be shut off for AUP violation.  enjoy!

Just want to quickly weigh in here to note that one of the main reasons
for (mis)-using a connection by signing up for a service and then
violating the terms, is often to save a few bucks.
Not to discount the leveraging power of the access monopoly and all
their wonderful dealings down in Washington, but they have been
empowered by the quest for cheap bandwidth.

All those drops add up in their bucket, and cheap now can mean future
opportunity costs.

Disclaimer: I receive my enterprise class network access from an
independent access consortium. (" Don't say ISP to me! " )

Forest Mars

--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."