[nycbug-talk] Google and IPv6 Adoption

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Wed Apr 16 16:51:38 EDT 2008

>>>>> "sk" == Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer at exit2shell.com> writes:

    sk> ipv6.google.com

interesting they did not just add AAAA to www.google.com, the way the
designers intended.  I guess they do not have much faith in hobbyist
ability to operate consistently-working tunnels, and don't want their
image tarnished by incompetent sysadmins?  I wish they had not reached
so far, and everyone with broken v6 got complaints ``google doesn't
work'' or ``google is really slow at your house.''  That'd end the
practice of spamming broken router advertisements onto wires pretty
quickly, and stop my site from seeming laggy when viewed from anywhere
with slow IPv6. :)

By doing that they are also working around how some versions of
firefox were lobotomized to prefer v4---you can use the v6 when you
want it because ipv6.google.com has no A record.  Because of others'
kludging their kludge is the only way.

anyway there is never going to be an ipv6.ivy.net.  I'll do it the
proper way.  :)