[nycbug-talk] Google and IPv6 Adoption

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Apr 17 12:21:02 EDT 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 8:45 AM, Steven Kreuzer wrote:

> Greetings-
>
> I just got an email from Hurricane Electric and they had a link
> to a very interesting graph:
>
> On March 12, 2008, Google launched ipv6.google.com, and HE.net saw a
> pretty
> large increase in the number of sign ups they have for their tunnel
> broker
> service.
>
> http://tunnelbroker.net/usage/ipv6-google-com-signup-surge.php

good to see.

as an aside - i just got the most recent ;login and there are a couple
interesting articles about ipv6.  there was a quick write-up on using
ipv6 patches with asterix which looks interesting.  guess i'll have to
wait until Usenix to get more info on it though.  rick also had a good
writeup about trying to get ipv6 working with ubuntu - made me happy
i'm a *bsd user :)

-pete