[nycbug-talk] Opinions on the Thinkpad W700 and soon to be released W700ds

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:12:08 EST 2008

Hey,
I really like the idea of a dual screen laptop, and lenovo's soon upcoming
W700ds might be worth shelling out for. I'd like some opinions first though.
I've been a Dell man for a long time and the last Thinkpad I owned was a
monochrome 386. I'm probably going to run multiple OSes on it. I'm thinking
vmware server running WindowsXP, maybe vista, ubuntu and FreeBSD or PCBSD as
the main three OSes. I wanted to ask some questions since I assume a few
people on this list run FreeBSD on the W700

1) Hows the wacom tablet? Has anyone used it on FreeBSD? Both as FreeBSD on
baremetal or FreeBSD on vmware server?

2) Hows hibernation/dock undock support (I guess this is a general Free BSD
question I've have not run freebsd on a laptop in years.)

3) Anything I should know in general about the W700 in terms of FreeBSD
support?