[nycbug-talk] jsch, java ssh?

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Wed Jan 28 10:25:17 EST 2009

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of JSch, (a native java ssh
implimentation).

http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/index.html

Good or bad, I find myself dealing with vendor sw which relies on it-
so I'm trying to learnin about it's history.
It seems, in the Java world, I'm told everyone uses this library, it's
the de-facto.  Additionally, popular things like the Eclipse IDE use it.

What do folks here think about completely non-openssh ssh
implementations, let alone one in Java?  I mean, I can see positive
and negative aspects right off the bat...  but the shock of a pure-
java ssh is still sinking in...

Rocket,
.ike