[nycbug-talk] jsch, java ssh?

Eric Lee thenorthsecedes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:39:35 EST 2009

On Jan 28, 2009, at 10:25 AM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of JSch, (a native java ssh
> implimentation).
>
> http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/index.html

I've only used it to scp files to and from hosts over the net, in ant
and in standalone apps. But it does that well enough.

> Good or bad, I find myself dealing with vendor sw which relies on it-
> so I'm trying to learnin about it's history.
> It seems, in the Java world, I'm told everyone uses this library, it's
> the de-facto.  Additionally, popular things like the Eclipse IDE use
> it.

Interactive sessions, X forwarding, running a socks proxy and many of
the other features you get with original recipe ssh I've never tried
using it - but I get the impression that it's really not meant for that.

-Eric