[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD ldconfig, subdirectories

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Nov 11 19:26:19 EST 2009

Hi all,

I have a workaround for this, but I'm curious about a detail that I'm
missing...

I've setup a 32-bit jail on a 64-bit host.  It works.  However, I see that
some local libraries from ports/packages end up in subdirectories (ie:
/usr/local/lib/mysql).  This seems to be normal based on what I've seen on
other hosts.

However I have some subdirectories in one of my "lib32" search paths and
none of the libs in the subdirectories get added (confirmed with "ldconfig
-32 -r").

I can find no documentation explaining when ldconfig descends into
subdirectories and when it does not.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks,

Charles