[nycbug-talk] a new direction for NYC*BUG

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Wed Mar 24 23:04:35 EDT 2010

Isaac Levy writes:

> Down to brass tacks, does anyone on list object to using Git?

No objection, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Mercurial..
Found this Git vs Mercurial comparison.

http://importantshock.wordpress.com/2008/08/07/git-vs-mercurial
Both are able tools with Pros and Cons.
The one thing I have seen from the little I have looked at Mercurial, it
likely will be easier to learn for someone coming from CVS or Subversion.
>From what I have read it seems GIT would have a higher learning curve for a
CVS/Subersvion user.

> Any yelps for cvs or other tools?

For all the fervor/fanaticism other tools get I find CVS still gets the job
done for small in-house projects. However, for larger projects I can see how
CVS may have limitations that other tools have addressed.