[nycbug-talk] a new direction for NYC*BUG

Isaac Levy isaac at diversaform.com
Wed Mar 24 11:54:21 EDT 2010

Awesome,

Down to some brass tacks:

On Mar 23, 2010, at 8:45 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Jesse Callaway wrote:
>
>> I think gitweb fits nicely into the model as a tool. Actually, I'm not
>> up on all the names of the various git + web projects out there, but
>> one of those git hosting situations...
>
> I don't know if such a thing exists, but for Ike's idea of little scripts and/or "scriplets", it would be nice to have both a repository and a forum-like commenting system linked to the code.  That would allow folks to post small changes/additions for review by the community, or for some more generic scripts or functions, add some explanation or examples of usage.  Sadly, none of the (dated) web-accessible code repositories I know of incorporate such a thing.

Ok- this is a liked idea by more than a few...

Down to brass tacks, does anyone on list object to using Git?  So far my short experiences with it are very positive- it's *easy* and intuitive IMHO.

Any yelps for cvs or other tools?
Should people need shell access (repo's in home directories), or just access via git/cvs?

Rocket-
.ike