[nycbug-talk] Apple Users - What is the compelling reason to upgrade to OSX 10.7

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Mon Jul 25 17:04:19 EDT 2011

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Mark Saad wrote:

> Apple Users of Talk
>  I was wondering what if any are the compelling reasons to upgrade to
> OS X 10.7 . On a side note it appears that in 10.7 there is an absence
> of new UNIX features.

There's lots of stuff that I'm sure many will find somewhat disturbing
(the iOS convergence, blech), but there's also a good deal of stuff under
the hood.  I hate to point you to such a monster of a review, but it's the
most complete thing I've read so far:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2011/07/mac-os-x-10-7.ars

Charles