[nycbug-talk] GoDaddy

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:44:21 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM, George Rosamond <
george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> <quote>
> This is what happens when you push everything out into the cloud.
> Somedays it rains and there ain't shit you can do about it.
> </quote>
>
> I'd hardly call godaddy a "cloud provider." There just a registrar with a
really large dns and  web host. Sure same problem as when AWS/Azure or
Rackspace goes down though.

But this brings up two good points. 1) how do you not have a single point
of failure with DNS. 2) If you do decide to host on the cloud, for any site
actually making money, why would you not have coldfire backups on multiple
clouds for redundancy. Its cheaper then coldfire hardware.

Justin