[nycbug-talk] Request for Review, Summary of FreeBSD src fetching problems

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 15:37:59 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 02:57:31PM -0500, Isaac Levy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> To continue to weed through all the noise, on the hot 'at the bar' topic:
> "Wny is my tool for src fetching, nearly as big as my base Operating System all the sudden?"
>
> I've posted what I can glean as the current state of things, I'm trying to centralize my notes on this topic, here:
>
>   https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource#preview

I'm going to mention one thing that I ran into when first using sv
checkout.  I believe it's obvious to those familiar with svn, but not
necessarily to those of us who don't use it.

If doing svn co whatever /usr/src, one should first rm -rf /usr/src if it
exists.  That is, if you do a basic install, include /usr/src, then do svn
co, it may cause problems.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: What's going on here? People are going all Felicity with
their hair.