[talk] Pocket CHIP

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:59:24 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 8:46 PM, George Rosamond
<george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
> On 08/01/16 08:32, Sujit K M wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was involved in a thread about a 9$ Computer C.H.I.P. I have received
>> my POCKET C.H.I.P. Is there anyone else on the list who is using this?
>> I am much more interested in Word Processing,Python,BASH etc. I would
>> love to know whether there is any one who is same thinking.
>
> I had forgotten about them and saw someone had one recently, dangling
> around their neck.
>
> I didn't get to do much with it, but it was cool considering its base
> cost is $9.

It is pretty good. It provides a Python Interpretor but Version 2.7. I
could see It has an 1 Ghz
ARM processor. But for some reason provides Gnu tools on the Computer,
rather than an
Cross compiler. Claims to run an default Xwindows with Menus like
Productivity. I have send
them a mail to check I found some problems, Don't want to disclose the
question. But would
later update.

> If I could do a minimal amount of functions like ssh, serial console,
> etc., I could definitely find a use for a few of these.

It has scp and ssh installed, It allows you to connect via HDMI to
laptop's(Saw some documentation)/
TV Monitor. Has games, more like to old nintendo games.

> IIRC it's running some stripped down Linux, and $9 doesn't include much.
> It can run on regular batteries, which is cool.

Pocket C.H.I.P is close to 60$ with shipping. Count another 10$ at
minimum if you are outside US.

> The keyboard is a major PITA though.

Keyboard is some thing that did not go well with my evaluation.