[talk] July meeting on Retro/LiteBSDs

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Feb 4 16:27:56 EST 2016

One of our upcoming meetings is Brian C about RetroBSD and LiteBSD, two
of the smallest BSDs ported for microcontrollers based on the MIPS chip.
 For those not familiar, think the square root of a Raspberry Pi.

http://www.nycbug.org/index.cgi?action=view&id=10645

Both Retro and Lite are being actively developed, and the door is wide
open to contributions.

https://github.com/sergev/LiteBSD/wiki

http://www.retrobsd.org

https://github.com/RetroBSD/retrobsd

Both sites provide a list of supported hardware, and we hope that this
meeting extends the number of people hacking on these MIPS boards.

We may be looking into getting a discount code on the hardware.  On the
other hand, all of it is reasonably inexpensive.

For those looking to start contributing, or at least dipping their toes
in the water, it makes sense to download the images and clone the GitHub
repositories before the meeting.

Let us know of your experiences onlist.