[talk] So Netgate bails on FreeBSD

Scott Robbins scottro11 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:10:07 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 02:24:45AM -0400, Steve wrote:
> Afterthought: the entire sell of Linux was that you did not have to buy into
> Microsoft's program of bolting things in, in a desperate attempt to get
> users used to and consequently addicted to features they could just as well
> do without."Hey, look: it's Linux. Don't want a package or subsystem?
> Uninstall it..."
>
> And now the largest distributor of Linux in the US has done exactly that:
> bolted in something which is clearly demonstrated in other distros not being
> _absolutely required_ (as superior the security might be claimed to be...)

Aside from systemd?  :)

Edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux.  Change to disabled.

Whether there is still a backdoor or not, I don't know, and RH has become
the MS of opensource, seemingly designed by single user laptop owners with
litte knowledge of system administration--I exaggerate, but only a bit--but
SELinux is easily turned off.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6