[talk] Chatting About TLS and Orcs (was Re: RSVPs for tonight's meeting)

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Jan 8 14:12:28 EST 2021

On 1/8/21 2:08 PM, N.J. Thomas wrote:
> * George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> [2021-01-06 10:23:48-0500]:
>> Next NYC*BUG: Jan 6th at 18:45 EST (23:45 UTC) NYC*BUG will host a Zoom
>> meeting entitled:
>>
>> Chatting About TLS and Orcs, by Michael W. Lucas
>
> Much thanks to Michael Lucas for this talk, and to everyone who
> organized it. I really enjoyed it and learned quite a bit.
>
> (I've started enabling CAA and HSTS for my sites and am enjoying that
> sweet A+ from Qualys SSL Labs as a result, lol.)

Cool.

And I mentioned the source for SSL Labs. Simple golang:

https://github.com/ssllabs/ssllabs-scan

This means you can cron and just show the grade with `--grade`, and use
a list of hosts with `--hostfile`.  I've been doing this for quite a
while for NYCBUG (and other noncommercial purposes :)

Note that the Apache 2.0 license is different than the Terms of Use.