[talk] Inspection of an unfortunate network

Ibsen S Ripsbusker ibsens at ripsbusker.no.eu.org
Fri Jan 15 13:18:09 EST 2021

Great and good friends,

Connections are sometimes slow on my home network.  It seems to me that
TCP connections have high latency and UDP connections are fine, but only
because all of the TCP services I use are slow and all the UDP services
are fine. How can I check this properly? Moreover, how could
I look into the cause for stuff being slow?

The SIP phone and maybe the switch run practically proprietary GNU/Linux
operating systems. Everything else runs either a BSD derivative or
Trisquel, and I have root access on all of these. I control the entire
network, so I can even change hardware. I think that is enough
explanation for someone to direct me, but I can describe the situation
further if that would help.

With distinguished salutations,
Ibsen S. Ripsbusker