[CDBUG-talk] Slow webmail

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Fri May 15 14:06:02 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Patrick Muldoon <doon at inoc.net> wrote:
> Did anything get upgraded around the time it started getting slow?   new
> packages from a port upgrade or the like?

Shortly before this, I upgraded either MySQL or PHP.  I want to say it
was MySQL 4.1 or 4.0 to 5.1.  We were closed for a week, I was out for
another week, etc. -- its hard to say when the issue started.  The
upgrades were roughly the Wednesday before we were closed for a week.
When I ask users how far back the slowdown started, the oldest date is
shortly after that week off.  I suppose its possible that we had a few
days that people didn't notice.  So this seems possible.

> It sounds to me like something is making a call,   waiting for an answer and
> then once it times out, it returns.
>
> Not sure where I would go from here, but would start putting logging
> statements into squirrelmail to see  if/where it getting hung up.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll continue to put ideas, attempts,
etc. on the list just in case you think of something.  :)

Jaime