[Semibug] Send log to running process

Mark Moellering markmoellering at psyberation.com
Tue Sep 29 17:06:21 EDT 2020

Everyone,

I think this isn't too hard but I am having trouble finding an answer.
I want to send log files to an already running program.

So I want to run a custom program, which will read from stdin and then
[do-some-stuff] .  I then want to have syslog pipe the log to the
already running program.  It is my understanding that if I write

local7.*       | /path/to/program

in syslog.conf , then every time a log comes in, it will execute the
program again, as oppose to sending the log to the already running
program / process

So how do I specify sending it to an already running process?

Thanks

Mark