[Semibug] Send log to running process

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.net
Tue Sep 29 18:06:47 EDT 2020

The syslog.conf(5) man page describes the piped output differently than you describe.  It says, "A pipe to another program (beginning with a leading pipe symbol). The given program is started and presented the selected messages on its standard input. If the program exits, syslogd(8) tries to restart it."

If having your program started by syslogd doesn't meet requirements, perhaps syslogc(8) might work for you.