[nycbug-talk] Flash petition 479 and counting. . .

Sunny Dubey sunny-ml
Wed Aug 18 16:17:16 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 18:43, Pete Wright wrote:

> Heh, I agree with most of your points.  But if I remember correctly
> there are ports of flash to IRIX and AIX (%99 sure about IRIX).

that confirms something I've always suspected.  Compatibility for other
UNIXes.

I say this because a while back I emailed Macromedia and asked them to add -e
to their usage of the read command in the installer script

ie:

echo -n "Where do you want to install ? "
read -e INSTALL_DIR

Basically the -e is a GNU thing that allows for directory tab-completion
(which would make great sense for the above situation).

The email I got back was the guy thought it was a great idea, but he was
wondering how compatible it would be outside GNU tools/readline.

Now I know why he wondered that, heh

Sunny Dubey