[nycbug-talk] Fwd: no more apache updates

Josh McCormack joshmccormack
Wed Jun 23 22:21:09 EDT 2004

Robert Collins wrote:
>>I like that people are expected to write code or shutup.

<snip>
> ...I'm just saying maybe non-coders do contribute after all. It sounds more
> like the problem is them complaining and demanding. Which brings us back to
> attracting more flies with honey than vinegar. It's something that most of
> us, especially myself, can use a lesson in.
>
> -rcollins

I agree with you completely. There are a lot of ways to contribute other
than code. But what I feel the code or shutup thing means is - do what
you want to do to contribute, and don't think you have the authority to
tell someone else what they should do.

I think it's nice when people are receptive to ideas, suggestions and
feedback on what they're working on, but all too often people harp on
features they want, and complain when they don't get them.

Josh