[nycbug-talk] cfengine user sought

Dru dlavigne6
Sat Sep 25 09:45:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 pete at nomadlogic.org wrote:

> I have found that this book has been quite helpfull getting my head around
> cfengine, as well as many tasks a sysadmin may run into during automation
> tasks:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592123/kaybee-20/104-2880935-4383963?creative=125581&camp=2321&link_code=as1
> there is a reveiw here:
> http://sun.systemnews.com/articles/68/1/bk/11029
>

> anyway it's a pretty good book and i would suggest it regardless if you
> find anyone to help you out.

I agree with Pete's assessment of "pretty good". It's okay, but definitely
not a classic. Out of the 8 books I bought so far this year, it's the one
I'm not keeping in my permanent collection. I'll be bringing it down to
NYC with the rest of my donatable books. Time permitting, I'll post a list
sometime this weekend of the names and ISBNs of the books I'm bringing.

Dru