[nycbug-talk] Re: BSD Success Stories (fwd)

Dru dlavigne6
Sun Sep 26 15:05:05 EDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:

> Right. . .I do think it's worth creating a NYCBUG mailing list on the topic
> of a BSD certification.  Certainly BSD Mall is in a good position to sponsor,
> as they have a respected name in the community.  We can get a list of
> necessities for a certification brewed up through a dedicated mailing list.

Yes, a mailing list is needed. The question is where is the best place. I
want to tackle such issues in November when I'm back from Germany. In my
training folder--watch out George, it's very organized ;-) --, I have the
addresses of a dozen people who have expressed interest in participating
in a formal committee. I've already had an offer from Paul Robinson to host a
wiki and/or forum at:

http://vagueware.com/Open_Training

http://vagueware.com/Talk:Open_Training

Chris Coleman has expressed interest. There may be interest within the
FreeBSD Foundation. There is a potential curriculum at both BSDmall and
from a university in Brazil. What's needed is organization, the hammering
out of technical details, and the backing of a well known organization to
give the certification some clout. Not to mention a marketing machine to
get the word out that the BSD's aren't behind the times and that it is
taking the issue of certification seriously.

Dru