[nycbug-talk] Re: BSD Success Stories (fwd)

G. Rosamond george
Sun Sep 26 21:06:06 EDT 2004

On Sep 26, 2004, at 3:05 PM, Dru wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:
>

>> Right. . .I do think it's worth creating a NYCBUG mailing list on the
>> topic of a BSD certification.  Certainly BSD Mall is in a good
>> position to sponsor, as they have a respected name in the community.
>> We can get a list of necessities for a certification brewed up
>> through a dedicated mailing list.
>

> Yes, a mailing list is needed. The question is where is the best
> place. I want to tackle such issues in November when I'm back from
> Germany. In my training folder--watch out George, it's very organized
> ;-) --, I have the addresses of a dozen people who have expressed
> interest in participating in a formal committee. I've already had an
> offer from Paul Robinson to host a wiki and/or forum at:
>
> http://vagueware.com/Open_Training
>
> http://vagueware.com/Talk:Open_Training

good first step.. .

> Chris Coleman has expressed interest. There may be interest within the
> FreeBSD Foundation. There is a potential curriculum at both BSDmall
> and from a university in Brazil. What's needed is organization, the
> hammering out of technical details, and the backing of a well known
> organization to give the certification some clout. Not to mention a
> marketing machine to get the word out that the BSD's aren't behind the
> times and that it is taking the issue of certification seriously.

The more groups/firms that endorse, the better. . .particularly the
fbsd foundation. . .but limiting active characters is also a good idea.
. .nominating a committee. . .

IMO, we need a mailing list in addition to the wiki. . .