[nycbug-talk] Re: BSD Success Stories (fwd)

Marc Spitzer mspitze1
Sun Sep 26 21:54:29 EDT 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:06:06 -0400
"G. Rosamond" <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> IMO, we need a mailing list in addition to the wiki. . .

ok pet tech peeve of mine, can we look at NNTP?  It gives us a much
better interface to work with, SMTP was never designed to be threaded
among other things.  NNTP is a much better interface for this type of
stuff and you get archiving for free.   We can even use NNTPS for secure
access.  And it has sasl, if it is compiled in so we can authenticate.

marc