[nycbug-talk] Introduction to XSAN at the Apple SoHo Store

Pete Wright pete
Tue Jan 18 20:28:31 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 08:21:51PM -0500, G. Rosamond

> >http://www.apple.com/retail/soho/week/20050102.html
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >Steve
> >

> Fancy. . .
>
> Pete, you flying back here for this?  Weren't you trying to get to one
> of these?

yea click3x got one of these for better or worse (The XRAID).  they do look nice...
altho the management utilites kinda are lacking and obviously we were
forced to use HFS+...ouch.  from a hardware perspective the cases are pretty
nice, altho I still am not convinced in with SATA tech. yet.  i followed the
developments of the XSan FS pretty closely, and it does look interesting.
altho in hindsight i'd probably not go with one of these guy's again,
even with the XSan FS.  what's interesting is when we were trying to get an
XRAID from apple they didn't give us the time of day...and now here they are
trying to push this as a video solution.  as far as the enterprise buzz word...
while I'm sure it's possible (anything is) i would not bet the company data
on it just yet, but that goes for any new new tech.

-p

--
~~oO00Oo~~
Peter Wright