[nycbug-talk] Introduction to XSAN at the Apple SoHo Store

Pete Wright pete
Wed Jan 19 12:57:03 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:53:10AM -0500, Ken Court wrote:
> pete
>

> > what's interesting is when we were trying to get an
> > XRAID from apple they didn't give us the time of day
> >

> we now carry these in stock at the SoHo retail store along with fabric,
> switches, and even fibred LTO tape drives
>

> > while I'm sure it's possible (anything is) i would not bet the
> > company data
> > on it just yet, but that goes for any new new tech.
> >

> can I have have an Lead Apple Engineer w/ a lot of full Xsan deploys
> already done call you.

Sorry I didn't intend for this to end up being a flame.  When I was working
for Click3X in NYC I was building a new HD suite based on Apple tech
(a G5 HD suite using Final Cut and Shake).  We were attempting
to see if it was feasable replace one of our three Flame suites with this
setup.  At the time I was hoping to build a relationship between Apple
and Click, but it did not seem that anyone I spoke with at Apple took me seriously.
In the end we fell back on Tekserve, which worked more or less.  I'm now working for
Sony Imageworks in LA so it's all a moot point now.  I have let the current
engineers at Click3X know abou this demo though and they will hopefully be
attending.

-pete

--
~~oO00Oo~~