[nycbug-talk] soho router options (soekris?)

Rick Aliwalas rick
Wed Jan 19 16:07:47 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> If I had an image that I could just throw on a CF card that was almost all
> the way there, I would do it in a second.

If you spend the extra 10 bucks and get a "large" CF card (say 128mb or
256mb), you can just do a normal OpenBSD install via pxeboot.  Other
than using the serial console, it's really no different than installing
on a full-blown pc.

I like the fact that you can slap in a wireless card and easily roll your
own WAP - while having all of what OpenBSD (and ports) offers.  Fun stuff
and you can sleep at night.

-rick