[nycbug-talk] baemonnews

Mikel King mikel.king at ocsny.com
Thu Mar 9 12:35:15 EST 2006

On Mar 9, 2006, at 12:07 PM, pete wright wrote:

> so this is kinda cool...i've got one of these newer Nokia mobile
> phones that comes bundled with Opera.  The browser is actually
> surprisingly usable and the data transfers are pretty decent as well.
> what i found pretty interesting though, is i was going through opera's
> new's portal which allows you to choose RSS feed's you want on your
> portal's homepage.  i'm scrolling through and I notice that Daemon
> news was an available feed...right next to Wired/CNet and other pretty
> popular news sources.  So what's up, has Daemon news sold out?  :-)
> Either way, I can now read the latest BSD headlines while I'm sitting
> in the wonderful LA traffic.  excellent.
>
> -pete
>
> --

Sold out, hehe. I wish. Alas but no. Chris has just been working like
a dawg, on making it easier to access the content. Of course what we
need now is more of it to access. We have a team of editors now, so
you can submit a rough draft and we can spruce it up to make it ready
for publication. I'd really like to establish a team of authors to
write articles, especially anything that demonstrates how useful the
*BSDs are in business.

We are also interested in adding some new functionality to the
management console for dn. Namely an author bio and and article/
publication display ordering system. Anyone who's handy with php,
perl, and mysql we need to talk.

Cheers,
Mikel King
CIO, Director of Network Operations
Optimized Computer Solutions, INC
Tech Alliance, INC
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.ocsny.com
http://www.techally.com
t: 212.727.2100x132
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.