[nycbug-talk] soho firewall

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Fri Mar 17 00:57:26 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:41:33PM -0500, QuiGon wrote:
>I have one of the boards that runs that box.  Windows XP and Linux both
>run great on it, so I fail to see why any x86 based BSD (with the
>exception of OSX86) wouldn't run on it.

I have a stack of network cards that work great under linux but
have no BSD drivers... also working on a set of dual opteron
blades from Penguin Computing which run linux but the keyboard,
serial ports and network interface don't work with BSD.
Here's the details... http://galis.org/blade-penguincomputing/notes.html

So no, just because it runs Linux doesn't mean it runs bsd.

However the cflash/ide; 1Ghz fanless celeron; with 100mbps fxp0
on board and 1gbps wm0 + wm1 on the low profile pci card all work
great. wmX interfaces do not PXE boot but the fxp0 interface does.

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org