[Tor-BSD] Building Tor 0.2.7.x on OpenBSD

Seth list at sysfu.com
Wed Jul 15 18:35:28 EDT 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:14:50 -0700, Michael McConville
<mmcconville at mykolab.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that. I'll try it out soon.

Hope it helps. I forgot to mention that it will fail one or two tests
during the compilation process, but they're not showstoppers. I need to
file a bug report about them but haven't gotten around to it.

> Apparently I was wrong about the base version being incompatible or too
> old. However, if there's an easy way to use Libevent 2, it'd be useful
> to know. I wouldn't be surprised if Tor dropped Libevent 1.x soon, and
> Libevent 2 could help with our relay performance problems.

If you're able to get Tor to build against Libevent 2 on OpenBSD, please
share any workarounds used.

BTW, I have the whole Tor build process automated via an Ansible playbook
if anyone is interested.